“The Bonnyville Health Foundation has impacted every part of the hospital.”
Putting your community generosity to work, has made a remarkable difference in these programs. We make annual contributions to a variety of initiatives helping provide the latest state-of-the-art equipment and healthcare to areas of need throughout the facility.
Ways the Bonnyville Health Foundation has impacted local health services:
- Women’s Health
- Labour and Delivery Room
- We supported an expansion from a Labour and Delivery Room (LDR) to a Labour and Delivery Postpartum Room (LDRP) where women of the community are now able to deliver their babies in the same room throughout their stay.
- Labour and Delivery Room
- Local female patients no longer need to travel to Edmonton for gynecological tests with our purchase of diagnostic equipment for our new gynecologist. Response to issues is swift and can be performed locally.
- Mental Health Education
- We created and administer the Tyler Chislett Memorial Fund providing staff, parents and healthcare stakeholders in the community much welcomed training in dealing with children and adolescents with mental health issues.
- We provided excellence of care for our patients by partnering with FCC, our hospital LADIES AUXILLIARY and Alberta Cancer Foundation to purchase state-of-the-art equipment for our new endoscopy suite.
- Addressing the needs of our resident orthopedic surgeon, we purchased a C-Arm X-Ray machine so patients having surgery here in Bonnyville are given a standard of excellence in their surgeries.
- Diagnosing sick children is less invasive with equipment designed specifically for their size. By purchasing scopes for children we provided our physicians and nurses the tools to respond to this age group.
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Our staff now utilizes a computerized imaging machine with the latest capabilities through funding provided by our Foundation.
- Staff Education
- Staff CPR training is funded by the Foundation. We have also purchased resuscitation Annie dolls for training use in staff health education courses.
- Staff can apply to a $5000 annual budget the Foundation administers for professional development.
- Cancer Care
- The Foundation hosts our local Cancer Care account. We will administer all donations directed specifically to the Bonnyville Cancer Care program and put them to work in our facility. Your dollars donated in this way, stay right here in our community.
- The Foundation purchased new diagnostic equipment for our lab, ensuring it can continue to provide current and efficient lab service to 22 different sites in the province.
- Surgical Care
- The Bonnyville Health Foundation has purchased numerous pieces of eqipment for the Operating Rooms.
Bonnyville Health Foundation
5001 Lakeshore Drive
Postal Bag 1008
Bonnyville AB T9N 2J7
Charitable Tax Registration # 866399488RR0001