Tyler Chislett Memorial Fund
Tyler Chislett, a friend to the Bonnyville Health Centre, died from suicide in 2015. His death prompted the creation of the Tyler Chislett Memorial fund in memory of his life lived in the service of others.
To date, with your generosity, we have raised over $70,000.
The Bonnyville Health Foundation is very encouraged by the community’s response to this fund. To date, with your generosity, we have raised $42,000. In just over a year in operation, this is what we have accomplished:
- $5000 went towards education material in support of patients and their families utilizing the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Collaborative Clinic in Bonnyville.
- Ms. Ariel Haubrich M.ED Phych , presented “Stress, Drugs and Rock “N Roll”, to front line workers and other community stakeholders in health care at the Bonnyville Health Centre, in 2017.
- In 2017 a summer camp, in partnership with Imperial Oil was held. Their donation of $25,000 allowed for this innovative pilot project in Bonnyville which had a positive impact on the health of patients utilizing the Adolescent Mental Health Clinic.
- We were part of CTV Alberta Prime Time to showcase the Bonnyville Mental Health Committee’s work with youth in our area. The program created from these interviews aired Monday, January 16, 2017,http://alberta.ctvnews.ca as part of a week in the media about mental health.
- Our efforts were highlighted on Bell Let’s Talk and aired in January 25, 2017. This program is part of a national initiative to increase the dialogue about depression and mental health issues across Canada. It can also be viewed online. Check out Bell Let’s Talk. http://letstalk.bell.ca/en/
- Mr. Allan Kehler presented “Goodbye Stress Hello Life” to front line workers and other community stakeholders in health care at the Bonnyville Health Centre in 2017.
- Funded our Mental Health Navigator to attend the Canadian Mental Health Association Alberta division “Now We Are Stronger” annual conference in Red Deer in May 2017.
- Funded a group of 12 from the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Collaborative Clinic & Bonnyville Health Centre to attend a Mental Health Professional Development Retreat in Edmonton in February 2018
- We sent 15 staff members to the “Safe Talk Suicide Prevention Workshop”
- In Gala 2016 we raised $30,600.00, Gala 2017 we raised $13,850.00, and Gala 2018 we raised $6500.00.
- Our friends at Seven Lakes Oilfield and Eagle Pump & Compression, each donated Oilers tickets which we auctioned off on our Facebook page, which contributed $1000.00 to the fund.
Bonnyville Health Foundation
5001 Lakeshore Drive
Postal Bag 1008
Bonnyville AB T9N 2J7
Charitable Tax Registration # 866399488RR0001